- The MPC Studio is a fully integrated controller for the MPC Software, and will require audio input and output from your computer's sound card, or external audio interface, like an Akai Pro EIE or EIE Pro.
- Choose New Instrument in the list to the left and set the Device Name to MPC Renaissance, MIDI Channels to All, Receive From to MPC Public, and Send To MPC Public. Select the MPC as the External Device and click OK.
- Fusing Akai Professional's legendary MPC layout and workflow with the power of your computer, MPC software is an unrivaled instrument for music production. MPC Renaissance is a fully integrated hardware-software system, allowing you to create using classic.
- Akai Professional MPC Studio Black Software/Driver 1.0.0 2017-01-16 It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver.
For the electronic musicians at Sweetwater, Akai has been a household name during the majority of our careers, if not our lives. It's safe to say that modern electronic music owes a lot of its evolution to the Akai samplers that dominated the market for decades. Their MPC line alone transformed the growing hip-hop movement and shaped the way producers created EDM. While there are many other players in the world of sampling and sequencing today, Akai Professional continues to pave the way with new and innovative technologies.
Akai Professional Software
It all began in 1986, when Akai Professional released the S900, a 12-bit, 8-note polyphonic sampler that changed the way producers approached sound design. Now it was easy to upload your own samples and create playable instruments from them, and the X7000 keyboard sampler released later that year made it even easier. The S series continued to evolve and thrive well into the '90s, and each new model made sampling even more accessible.
Hi Colin, Thanks for posting! First, the MPC Studio Black is not supported for Windows 7. That's not the problem here, though going forward, please only test with Windows 10.
While the S series may have revolutionized the sampling world for more mainstream music, the MPC (Music Production Center) series gave rise to entirely new genres of electronic music. When the MPC60 first hit the market in 1988, electronic music changed forever. This notably affordable sampler (designed in large part by Roger Linn) featured a revolutionary 16-pad layout and a groove-oriented sequencer, which provided nontraditional music producers — largely hip-hop/rap artists — with a comfortable way to create beats.
At the same time, the early MPC models' powerful sequencers also accommodated linear songwriting. That quickly made them the industry standard for MIDI-based music creation adopted by every type of electronic music producer and formed the background for such genres as house and trance, as well as a broad range of EDM genres. As the MPC line progressed, this sampling capability expanded, only to be superseded by the advent of computer-based sequencing.
While the MPC lineage continues to evolve even to this day, Akai Professional didn't stop there. They were among the first to cater to the emerging computer-based beat- and groove-production market, with their highly popular APC line, which many Sweetwater artists still use. Today, Akai's MIDI controllers cover a broad range of pad-based models, keyboards, and DJ gear, among others. Their quality and innovation continue to make them a popular choice among Sweetwater electronic musicians.
A Super-portable MPC Hybrid DAW!
Akai's MPC Studio music-production system gives you the creative, hands-on workflow of Akai's MPC sampling groove workstations, plus the power and flexibility only your computer can deliver. Integrating with your Mac or PC, MPC Studio combines Akai's versatile MPC software environment with an ultra-portable MPC-style hardware controller. With MPC Studio, you get the experience of using a traditional MPC, the advanced capabilities of a DAW, and the freedom to work the way you like. Call your Sales Engineer or keep reading to find out more about the Akai MPC Studio.Akai MPC Studio Sampling Groove-production System at a Glance:
- A true MPC workstation with total hardware and software integration
- Ultra-portable MPC hardware gives you amazing hands-on control anywhere
- Flexible sequencing and sampling software with classic MPC workflow
Akai's MPC Studio is far more than just a MPC-style DAW with a dedicated control surface, it's a complete music-production system that combines the best of Akai's MPC hands-on controls, the music-production workflow countless top producers swear by, and the flexibility of today's powerhouse computers. Simply put, MPC Studio is everything you need to make the best beats and electronic grooves with your computer.Ultra-portable MPC hardware gives you amazing hands-on control anywhere
Built with knobs that are shorter than its pads, the MPC Studio controller fits easily in your laptop case, letting you take your beat-creation studio anywhere. Its super-durable brushed aluminum body houses 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, plus a full set of MPC controls and a large backlit LCD screen. In fact, the MPC Studio controller was built to give you access to every aspect of Akai's legendary MPC workflow, so you can create entire songs without ever looking at your computer screen.Flexible sequencing and sampling software with classic MPC workflow
Akai bundled the MPC Studio with the same amazing DAW software included with the MPC Renaissance, making collaboration extremely easy. This software music-production environment gives you a 64-track sequencer and phenomenal sampling options with support for WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND files. What's more, it supports every MPC sample and sequence ever created by any other MPC. But the software included with the MPC Studio lets you do much more than you could with a traditional MPC. For instance, you can load up your favorite VST, RTAS, or AU plug-ins and use them right along with your samples. You can even use MPC Studio as a virtual instrument in your favorite DAW. The possibilities are as limitless as your imagination!Akai MPC Studio Sampling Groove-production System Features:
- A hybrid hardware and software music-creation system that's perfect for making beats and producing electronic music
- An incredible combination of classic MPC hardware and the processing power of today's computers
- Software DAW-style environment provides you with a 64-track sequencer and versatile MPC sampler
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND files
- Full backwards compatibility includes support for samples and sequences created on any legacy MPC model
- Works in standalone mode or as a plug-in (RTAS, VST, or AU) in your favorite DAW
- Can host VST and AU plug-ins in standalone mode with instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
- Lets you easily record each track as an MPC drum program
- Comes with a massive 9GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the classic MPC3000
- Hardware features 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 4 low-profile knobs, and a full set of MPC controls including a transport section
- Large backlit LCD display lets you create complete tracks without looking at your computer screen
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and MPC transport controls provide genuine MPC workflow
- Compact design is less than 1' thin and fits easily into a laptop bag
- Fully Mac and PC-compatible